Re: Feedback Request: yum-plugin-multithread

Hello again,
	I've meshed the two ideas of one queue per repo and a per server max
number of download threads and a global max number of download threads.
The conf file now has, three new variables:
 - max_threads (8): the maximum number of download threads active at any
   instance on your local machine
 - threads_per_server (2): of those max_threads, only this many can be
   actively downloading from a specific server simultaneously.  In a
   certain sense, this enables a "one queue per repo."  Though really, you
   can have,
 - servers_per_repo (4): at most this many servers for a certain repo.

Thus, with the default settings, if you want to just update from 'updates,'
multithread will select 4 servers from that repo, queue them up, then only
allow 2 downloads from each server up to the max_threads on a system.

It is also worth noting that I changed the MultiThread helper class a
little.  Now, there is an add_package() function that takes the remote path
to download and a local path to save it to.  Once all the packages are
added, a simple call to fetch_packages() will begin downloading them all.
(I think this is closed to the urlgrabber functionality.)

Any other comments?  Thanks for what I've got so far!

--michael

--
Michael J. Schultz