Error in installing compiz using yum

Hi all,
   I have installed compiz package in linux using yum in my home but i could not install it in my college system which requires username and password to connect the internet through 8080 port and when i give the command ( yum install -y ccsm emerald-themes compizconfig-backend-gconf fusion-icon-gtk emerald compiz-fusion compiz-fusion-gnome libcompizconfig compiz-gnome compiz-bcop compiz compizconfig-python compiz-fusion-extras compiz-fusion-extras-gnome )
it displays the following error:

Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: fedora.
Please verify its path and try again

Thanks in advance

--
follow me