Re: DTD for repomd.xml

Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I created DTD file for repomd.xml. It is available at:
>  http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/repomd.dtd

 Cool, having this somewhere at yum.baseurl.org and/or shipped with
yum would be great.

[...]
> I created this DTD according to my study of RHEL5 and F12 repomd.xml
> file and quick study of yum code source. If you think I missed some
> allowed element or attribute or if you see some error in DTD (it is my
> first) feel free to comment it.

 One obvious thing is tags, from my current rawhide's repomd.xml:

  <tags>
    <content>binary-x86_64</content>
    <distro cpeid="cpe:/o:fedoraproject:fedora:13">rawhide</distro>
  </tags>

...also, at least in theory, the correct name for prestodelta is
deltainfo.

> I would like to start discussion if FPI I suggested is
> appropriate. And even find better home url for this document other
> then my homepage.
>
> If you find this usefull I can continue with creating DTD for other
> xmlfiles like filelists.xml and primary.xml.

 Sounds great!

--
James Antill -- james@xxxxxxx