Re: Documentation Questions and Updates

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:
>
>> The centos man pages on yum and associated packages still contains old
>> links to  http://linux.duke.edu/yum/ which goes to page not found.
>> Thus this need to be re-pointed to http://yum.baseurl.org ? I have not
>> yet checked the source code for the man pages because
>> git clone git://yum.baseurl.org/yum-docs.git times out for me.
>
> I can't do anything about what centos ships in their pkgs.

True, I should have been a bit more clear. As I understand CentOS will
get packages from Redhat which will get packages from Fedora which
will get packages from the creators. If the creator source package is
correct then the changes just needs to filter through. Reason being
why I wanted to check the source man pages.

Regards
--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis