Re: Documentation Questions and Updates

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:

Hi
This link <http://linux.duke.edu/projects/metadata/> on the FAQ
section Q11 (http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq) does not exist any more.

The link mentioned above stopped existing recently.

Some of the questions in the FAQ section points to mailing list
answers which I believe could be a bit reformated and included
directly in the FAQ. That is unless there is a specific reason for
linking to the mailing list. Should I send suggestions (rewritten FAQ
answers) to the mailing list or could I get some kind of access for
trac to edit the wiki? I have already created a login for myself.

Send your edits in, for now, to the list.

The centos man pages on yum and associated packages still contains old
links to  http://linux.duke.edu/yum/ which goes to page not found.
Thus this need to be re-pointed to http://yum.baseurl.org ? I have not
yet checked the source code for the man pages because
git clone git://yum.baseurl.org/yum-docs.git times out for me.

I can't do anything about what centos ships in their pkgs.

the git clone command works fine for me. Our hosting for yum.baseurl.org was having an outage this morning. That might be the cause.

-sv