Re: YUM install [package.rpm] fails on Solaris, reports success

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, Joshua Burns wrote:

For what it's worth, I, too, was chagrined at having to report a surprise issue this late in the game. Having gotten this
far, I had assumed that if RPM could install a given package, YUM would also succeed.

Any help you are able to give would of course be greatly appreciated. This is a particularly key moment (a fork in the
road, if you will) in the history of the company's infrastructure, and the successful use of this technology could have
major impact on the adoption of open-source technology over open-wallet technology.

okay - so normally when something works when you run it with rpm and doesn't with yum it is environment variables or improper assumptions in the scriptlets about paths, etc.

So maybe a good place to start is to dump the env you're running in when you run rpm and then dump the environment inside python in yum .

anything odd going on with login shells vs /bin/sh for example?

-sv