Re: Hosed my system - anyway to ask yum to fix it?

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Morgan Read wrote:

So, I attempted to turn off prelinking (floundering round in the dark)
but running
/etc/cron.daily/prelink
seems to hang itself - whether turning it on or off in
/etc/sysconfig/prelink

I suspect I've got myself in a bit of a pickle...

Is there any magic yum command that'll check for missing files for all
installed rpms and put them back in?

No. not that I know of - that could be a useful app, though.

Is there any magic anything command that'll tell me definitively if I
should chuck the hard drive, which I really don't want to do because
although I've got backups, my backs against the wall at the moment and
I really can't afford to be doing this......

no clue on how to tell on the hard drive, but as a general rule I tend toward the "assume the hard drive is ALWAYS failing" side of things.

-sv