Re: yum critical: <XYZ> was supposed to be installed but is not

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Martin Vogt wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Martin Vogt wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:

I dont get the rpm db error with the single kernel-soure rpm.
(I suspect the db error only appers with this "strange" rpm
and "enough" (lets say > 1024) update rpms too)

Currently I update only the single rpm, I'm currently
bisecting the kernel-source.spec file. :)

But the funny thing is that the update works without errors
when it comes from the local filesystem, if it comes from http
the error is back.

Martin

what do you mean "comes from http"?

The update is started with:

- "yum update" vs.
- "yum update /path/to/kernel-source.rpm"

all pkgs are downloaded before yum
runs against them and the pkgs are verified vs their checksums and gpg
signatures. So an operation from a local disk and an operation from a
repo on an http server should be the same.

Currently I'm doing some tests with the spec file. For example,
removing the %files (which works without error) now I'm removing
the %changelog and add the files back etc...
The only problem is that yum should behave the same regardless off
update file vs. http. Thats right.

From what you've said above you mean one is a localpackage and the
other is from a repo? that's a slight difference.

-sv