Re: yum critical: <XYZ> was supposed to be installed but is not

Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Martin Vogt wrote:
>
>> Seth Vidal wrote:
>

>> I dont get the rpm db error with the single kernel-soure rpm.
>> (I suspect the db error only appers with this "strange" rpm
>> and "enough" (lets say > 1024) update rpms too)
>>
>> Currently I update only the single rpm, I'm currently
>> bisecting the kernel-source.spec file. :)
>>
>> But the funny thing is that the update works without errors
>> when it comes from the local filesystem, if it comes from http
>> the error is back.
>>
>> Martin
>>

> what do you mean "comes from http"?

The update is started with:

- "yum update" vs.
- "yum update /path/to/kernel-source.rpm"

> all pkgs are downloaded before yum
> runs against them and the pkgs are verified vs their checksums and gpg
> signatures. So an operation from a local disk and an operation from a
> repo on an http server should be the same.

Currently I'm doing some tests with the spec file. For example,
removing the %files (which works without error) now I'm removing
the %changelog and add the files back etc...
The only problem is that yum should behave the same regardless off
update file vs. http. Thats right.

Martin