Re: unable to connect to dbus

Gerry Reno wrote:
I'm seeing early termination of yum commands when this error occurs. For example I went to remove a list of packages and part way through the removal I see the "unable to connect to dbus" error and the command terminates right there. It doesn't retry to connect, it just terminates. So only half of the packages got removed. This caused problems in later commands because I was expecting those packages to be erased.

What I see is ERROR in PREUN scriptlet for the last package and then the "unable to connect to dbus" error.

Ok, now 'service messagebus status' shows FAILED. When I try to start it I get the error unable to open /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/dbus_contexts. yum shows the latest dbus package as installed. ???

So, looking at this workstation, selinux is not installed. So does dbus require selinux? That would be bad.

Regards,
Gerry