Re: New script to yum-utils: debugrepo-check

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Tim Lauridsen wrote:

I love the idea of having a more generic repo check tool where all kind of repo related checks can be:

something like the way yum commands are implemented in yumcommands.py.

where we have a base class with some generic methods that each check should inherit and implement, i will make it much easier to maintain and easier to add new type of checks.

It could work something like

<general option> is yum options inherited from yum cli like debug level.

So in general I like this. We can pare down the misc utils and add some functionality to this.

I think in general we should try to get generic repository/system/pkg sanity checks added to the yum base objects and then make use of them in repo-check based on certain criteria.

ie: a sack closure check or a conflicts check or a file-conflicts check, etc, etc, etc

we add those to the repo and pkgSack objects in yum and use them from repo-check.

does that make sense to y'all?
-sv