Re: New script to yum-utils: debugrepo-check

Tim Lauridsen wrote:
James Antill wrote:
Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@xxxxxx> writes:

On Wednesday 08 April 2009, Ville Skyttä wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to see a script I've used every now and then to find out problems in debuginfo package repos available somewhere, making it easier for people to spot such issues. Attached is a patch that adds it to yum-utils, along
with a sample output of current rawhide-debuginfo.
Any comments about this? If people don't see this fitting nicely in yum-
utils, I'll start looking at shipping it somewhere else.

 I think we want all the checks like this in one tool (maybe
repoclosure), I also have a script which checks that prco data across
subarches is good and I'm sure there are others ... can you think
of a good reason to have N scripts, as against one yumrepolint type
thing?

I love the idea of having a more generic repo check tool where all kind of repo related checks can be:

something like the way yum commands are implemented in yumcommands.py.

where we have a base class with some generic methods that each check should inherit and implement, i will make it much easier to maintain and easier to add new type of checks.

It could work something like

<general option> is yum options inherited from yum cli like debug level.

Tim

Ok, i got carried away :)

I have added at repo-check.py[1] with the basic pieces to make such a tool.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Tim

[1]: http://yum.baseurl.org/gitweb?p=yum-utils.git;a=commitdiff;h=7d6f4ff763fbd18bbebeeab40fcb1ba3487cda1b