Re: Maintaining my own copy of UPDATES

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Les Mikesell wrote:

With equal sarcasm, how would you feel if someone told you that you had to edit some config file or make a special setup for every different http page you want to visit just to get behavior that isn't antisocial?

Antisocial? Seriously? Antisocial is the pejorative you want there?

If I need to configure a special case for myself, it seems reasonable to me that I should have to configure something.

If you would permit caching to work the way it is intended, distros probably wouldn't need all those mirrors anyway and other people wouldn't have had to invent a dozen different ways to work around what yum does when updating multiple machines.

"Caching to work the way it is intended" - I don't even remotely know what you mean. More to the point, I bet if I asked 100 people what that means I'd get roughly 400 different answers.

-sv