Re: Can yum show a listing of just the locally installed packages?

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Les Mikesell wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:

We need such metadata in yum though. Maybe this 'place' could be added in the newer versions?

It is, in fact, on the feature list. We got a considerable amount of pushback the first time I implemented it b/c a lot of people thought the data should be in the rpmdb, not in a separate yum db. Various folks have given up since then and decided we can put it in a yum 'db' of some kind and query it from yum.

Even it rpm did implement it, people are still going to put different or conflicting versions of the same rpm in different repositories, and by the time rpm sees it, it won't know which one yum picked up. Unless you could pass it a source tag to stuff in the database.

the latter is the point, yah.
-sv