A question.....

Hi All,

I read on Fedora lists that installing 3rd party software without using yum causes or may cause problems.

If I install apackage with yum, and the producers offer a plugin as .tar.gz , can I get yum to handle the installation?

Similarly, if an app is not available in a Fedora-recognnised repo, is there a way to install it with yum?

Also, assuming I've broken all the rules and installed something by following the make files in a tar.gz, is there a way to tell yum that the app exists????

Thanks for your help

Dave