Re: Comparison between update tools

Giap Phan Vu wrote:
I'm making compare between YUM, APT-RPM and Smart update tools but I
really do not know what is the strongest, the weakness of these
tools.

The target platform is CentOS (or Wind River)
Are you looking at command line package management or GUI as well ?

I like yum {haven't used apt-rpm, smart for some time} because it's
extensible nature allows a config that does what I wan't {skip-broken,
download-only, version lock (good for eg machines running vmware where a
kernel update stops stuff working)} and other standard features like
using ISP's free mirrors, ordering the mirror for each repository
keeping downloaded packages, list/search to find new packages, -y option
for just do it.

DaveT.