Re: upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit

Once upon a time Saturday 24 February 2007, Gerry Reno wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
> > I wouldn't bet on that working reliably or sanely.
> >
> > if you don't mind messing around for a long time you can give it a try,
> > but it's nothing we've ever tested or would suggest someone counting on
> > not breaking everything :)
> >
> > -sv
>
> Seth,
>   Actually reliably and sanely is what I am seeking :-)  I'm actually
> faced with eventually doing this on about a dozen servers so I need to
> develop a procedure that works reliably.  Any insights or suggestions as
> to how to attempt this would be most appreciated.
>
> Gerry
I did it on one box.  and it mostly works fine.  but the box does some goofy
things at times.  I would recommend against doing it.  after the upgrade i
still had to clean alot of things up.  In all seriousness I dont think it is
a sane thing to do.  I am going to rebuild the box i did it on soon because
of the quirks

Dennis