Re: YUM: print download list

seth vidal wrote:
On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 12:14 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:

Tim Lauridsen wrote:

Lev A. Melnikovsky wrote:

Hi,

I'm missing a very simple functionality which I still can find
neither in man nor in FAQ. I want 'yum update' to provide a list of
URLs of the packages instead of immediately downloading them. This
list could later be fed into wget or whatever so that potentially
long download can be done at a different time. One can later run 'yum
localupdate' when required packages are already downloaded manually.
Does yum already have a switch to turn this on?

My understanding is that

'yumdownloader --urls --resolve'

should provide similar functionality, but it (as in
yum-utils-1.0.2-1) dies with:

# yumdownloader --urls --resolve gnucash
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yumdownloader", line 190, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/yumdownloader", line 155, in main
    my.resolveDeps()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/depsolve.py", line 243,
in resolveDeps
    (checkdep, missing, conflict, errormsgs) = self._processReq(dep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/depsolve.py", line 302,
in _processReq
    dumbmatchpkgs = self.rpmdb.searchNevra(name=name, ver=version,
rel=release)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'searchNevra'

Could please, someone point me at the solution?

Look like there is a error in yumdownloader, it look like the rpmdb is
not initializied, i will fix it.

Tim

It is fixed in CVS now, but i also found a bug in yum, so it will only
work with current yum 3_0_X CVS.
I will release a new release of yum-utils, then the next yum 3.0.x is
released.

Do we have anything else pressing in 3.0.X that needs to get released
for?

I don't think so, the comp change and this one [1] is the only changes, i can think of

Tim

[1] : http://devel.linux.duke.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/yum/yum/packages.py?r1=1.73.2.10&r2=1.73.2.11&pathrev=yum-3_0_X