Re: Http errors connection to repository

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 12:09:33PM -0600, Stephens, Bill {PBSG} wrote:
> I have a repository configured on a local server.  When I connect to the
> server using a baseurl of a local file (nfs mount), or by ip address,
> everything works fine.  If I try to connect to the same server by its
> cname or address name (a record), I get http 502 errors.  I can point my
> web browser to the server and it works fine, it seems to be whenever I
> try to connect to the url by hostname rather than ip address.  Any ideas
> what could be wrong?

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.5.3

502 is "Bad Gateway":

  The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid
  response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to
  fulfill the request.

In addition to using wget, use the included "urlgrabber" program to
download something.  It MAY be related to byteranges so that may not
turn up anything.  I only recently realized that the urlgrabber script
was making it into the distros... I'll think I'll spend some time
enhancing that for debugging purposes.

>From you description, it sounds like you don't mean to have any
gateways or proxies, so if your server is giving you this error, it
might be misconfigured.

					-Michael
--
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619