[Yum] newbie

Steve Ingraham wrote:
> Yeah, well that makes two of us then it appears.  I fully acknowledge to
> everyone in the world reading my posts that I don't know much of what I
> am doing when working in Linux.  I try to read as much as I can about
> these systems and try to decipher what all the talk means but frankly I
> have a hard time following the rules of the road in this operating
> system sometimes.

I can sympathise with that, but to me it sounds as if your predecessor
has left you with some serious problems:

(a) an unmaintainable operating system which we can't help you with
(b) a private, undocumented "Install" command which we can't help you with

> Thank you very much for this instructional information.  I will make
> sure I download yum 2.0.8 and run the commands you mention above.

As noted, this may not do anything useful, as there are no YUM repos
for RHEL.

You may need to switch to RHEL4 and up, keeping your up2date
subscription up2date; or

Switch to Fedora, for which ample yum repos exist.

///Peter