[Yum] Re: yum for RHEL4 box, i386

On Sat, 27 May 2006, RGSalisbury wrote:

> Hi sv
>
> I wonder if you could show me your /etc/yum.conf file for EL4.

I could but it would do you no good.

See below and read VERY CAREFULLY.

> I read  your reply  at :
> https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2006-May/008778.html
>
> I am having trouble getting yum to work on my RHEL4 box.
> Its probably a configuration problem.
> I have tried a fedora yum config file with no success.
>
> Also uncommenting lines in the default yum.conf didn't find a mirror.
>
> Error message is:
>
> #yum update
> http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/4ES/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found

There are NO publicly available RHEL Repositories. If you want
to use yum with RHEL4 you have to make your own. If close to RHEL is OK you
should look at something like Centos: http://centos.org/

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx		Spamtrap address mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx