[Yum] depsolver changes?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 04:52:36PM +0000, Nigel Metheringham alleged:
> I'm rebuilding a pile of rpm packages for FC5 and am hitting a few
> "interesting" problems.  These rpms were previously built for Centos 4.2
> - the process worked OK on there.
>
> However on FC5, using mach (as I did on Centos) configured to use yum
> for making the roots and updating the dependencies, I am finding that a
> load of things are unable to get their build dependencies satisfied.
>
> This is down to versions such as 0.30 showing as older that 0.1405
> (these are perl packages - sometimes they tend to have version numbers
> with unlimited rightward creep :-( ).

But that is correct.  0.30 is older than 0.1405.  Versions aren't
floats, they are dot-delimited integers.

> Previously:-
>    BuildRequires: perl(DateTime) >= 0.1405
> would have been satisfied by perl-DateTime-0.30-1.i386.rpm
> Now (on FC5) it is not.

So you were getting the wrong behaviour before, now you have the correct
behaviour, and you want it to be broken again?

> Does this ring bells?  Is it a rpm or a yum change?

I'm pretty sure all version compares are inside of librpm.

University of Southern California