[Yum] Re: Problem with yum after upgrading to fc3

On Thursday 29 September 2005 23:10, Greg Knaddison wrote:
> You installed a mandrake rpm on a Fedora (redhat) machine. ?Unless
> you really really knew what you were doing (seems you didn't) this
> was a mistake.

And to make matters even more fun, he compiled Python from source which
installs into /usr/local/bin.  Hence the unicode issue: Fedora compiles
with ucs4 and it's not enabled by default.

Anyway, I've taken the rest of the thread off list to help try to get
the system back into a sane condition. He's pretty close.

--
-jeff