[Yum] Errors after a full yum update

After a fresh  install of RH9 FC3 I did a yum update.  The command and
downloads all completed properly and the system got completely updated.
However I get a ton of permission denied and other errors from various
programs.

For example I use Vqadmin to manage my qmail server,  I can't add a user or
add a domain or change a domain because I get permission denied or I get
unable to chdir.  Now before I did the update this all worked fine and I
could do pretty much any function I needed to do.  But after I ran the
update I can't do much of anything without getting these 2 errors.

Is there a cleanup or a priv command to reset all privileges and file
ownerships back to what they are supposed to be?  The command I ran was

Yum update

And I let it fly.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Glen Vickers

BSIT