[Yum] yum repository NFS vs HTTP performance

Hello Everyone,
  I've looked in the usual places but can't find an answer to this
question, so I figured I'd pose it here to lots of folks who've got real
world experience in this area. I have a farm of around 50 machines,
growing rapidly, using yum to perform system package installation and
updates. We are moving our yum repository to a new machine so it's a
good time to evaluate if we want to stick with running our repository
over NFS.  From a purely performance standpoint is it better to have a
Yum repository run from NFS or over HTTP? I'd love to hear some
experiences from folks running yum repositories for clusters and what
they have learned on this issue.

Warmest Regards,

-- Greg