[Yum] RedHat blocking previously infected hosts ?

On 10/17/05, Wim Godden <wim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On of our systems got infected by a botnet-like system, which caused us
> to reformat it.
> We installed Fedora 4 on a new IP address, so we could test everything
> before putting it back to the old IP. Yum worked fine at that time,
> providing us with updates to the latest packages.
> After the change to the old IP, we were unable to use Yum. We also
> aren't able to connect to the RedHat site, which appears to be the same
> IP to which Yum connects. This is what we get :
> Yum Version: 2.4.0
> COMMAND: yum -d 50
> Installroot: /
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
>
> Any idea what's going on ? Is RedHat blocking certain hosts ?

What makes you think that RedHat is blocking your IP?  What does wget
on a file on that site get you?  How about network connectivity to
other systems?

That said, I think that it's probably more of a problem with your conf
file than anything else.  Maybe you could post that somewhere for us
to look at.

Regards,
Greg