[Yum] Re: yum install using auto-dependency checking???

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 01:41:07PM -0700, jeff stern wrote:
> but this is exactly the problem. the .spec file never said that the
> php-interbase sub-package *requires* libgds.so.. but it generated it
> anyway as a 'requires'.. so apparently, rpm's automatic
> dependency-checking *does* check things that are not in rpms..?

It does, but it doesn't touch that library. When your system has a
library that a file in your package requires it'll get found and
listed as a dependancy unless you tailor your dependancies manually or
semi-manually.

When rpmbuild does its auto dependancy solving on binaries, it is just
running "ldd" to find out what libraries all of the executeables in
the package needs.

-Peter

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.