[Yum] Still Having Yum Problems

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 09:32:19PM -0400, Shari Rolnick wrote:
> I updated my entire system to Fedora Core 4 about a week ago.  When I
> first updated, Yum was working fine.  Then, I updated Python to 2.4.1,
> and now Yum no longer works.  My problem looks similar a problem on the
> list today, so I tried those steps, but I still can't get Yum to work.
> Here is what I get if I try to run Yum:

> I checked, and my system seems to have libxml2-python, python-sqlite,
> and python-elementtree all installed.
>
> If anyone has any additional advice, I'd be grateful.

I think we need a new YumFaq item for this case specifically.  This
happens to people all of the time.  They install yum and python
packages that don't match.  Your yum package was built for a different
version of python than you have.  Among other things (although this is
the biggie) your yum modules are not in the module search path for
this version of python.

The cleanest thing to do is to get the yum source rpm and rebuild it
on your machine with "rpmbuild --rebuild".  Then, install that yum
package.
					-Michael
--
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619