[Yum] Re: proxy and ftp ([Errno -1] Header is not complete)

Hector,

Thanks for trying all of those things and responding back.  It looks
to me like this is a problem with the proxy and not with the
repository nor the specific package.  I know you don't have access to
the proxy, but if you can mention to the owner of the proxy that they
badly need to upgrade the firmware then there's a good chance they'll
be interested in fixing it.

One more idea - any chance of hooking this box to a different network
to see if that fixes the problem?  Maybe via dialup?  Or doing an ssh
and port forwarding the ftp port to another box?  As long as the other
network doesn't have a proxy on it, that would isolate it to your
network versus a problem with yum.

Beyond that, sounds like manual downloads and updates are your ticket
unless someone else here on the list knows a better solution or a
reason why yum/urlgrabber would be causing this problem.  The good
news is that yum can help let you know when and what needs to be
updated even if it has problems getting the files.

good luck,
Greg