[Yum] Bad webserver or package or yum checksum?

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 21:22 -0400, Joshua Jensen wrote:
> I was applying RHEL4 U1 updates on a bunch of machines, and every once
> in a while I'd get the below error.  I'd run the yum (2.2.1) command
> again, and it would go through.  Could this be a problem with yum, or do
> I need to look at my Apache webserver for a root cause?
>
> I have literally 1000s of machines using yum from my webserver without a
> hitch like this before... and I've never seen this kind of error
> message:

> (32/45): device-mapper-1. 100% |=========================| 287 kB    00:00
> (33/45): comps.rpm        100% |=========================| 5.3 kB    00:00
> http://myownserver/mirrors/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/RedHat/base/comps.rpm:
> [Errno -1] Package does not match checksum
> Trying other mirror.
> Error Downloading Packages:
>   comps - 2:4AS-0.20050525.i386: failure: RedHat/base/comps.rpm from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>

> I've run into this error with this comps rpm on a few different RHEL4
> boxes I was upgrading, but I run the same command again, and yum 2.2.1
> doesn't choke.  Not sure what to make of it.

Search through your repo and look to see if you have 2 packages names
comps.rpm, just for fun - that's the only thing i can think of -
alternatively - see if yum leaves the comps.rpm that is corrupted
in /var/cache/yum/repo/packages.

if so I'd like to see in what way it is corrupted.

thanks,
-sv