[Yum] RFE: Yum 2.2.x Header Grabbing

Seth et al,

Would it make sense to add a feature / work-around which would be a
fall-back mechanism when HTTP byte-range requests fail?  The only
work-around I see would be to download the entire RPM and strip off the
correct byte-range from the file instead of over HTTP.  Is this a
ridiculous request?

The only reason I ask is that we have various internal folks using yum
in their labs.  Our networking group set up their labs with Cisco
Content Engines with outdated code that doesn't support byte-ranges.
While we work to get that code upgraded (could take months), I wonder if
there's a simple patch we could make to yum-2.2.1 which would download
the entire RPM and strip off the header (waste of bandwidth, but at
least it wouldn't fail).

I know I'm probably grasping for straws here but figured I'd try.

/Brian/