[Yum] [Errno -1] Header is not complete.

On 6/12/05, edalB <edalb1979@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greg
>
> Please can you maby give me some info about how I would go about
> creating that repo
>
> Thank you
>

> On 6/10/05, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 6/9/05, edalB <edalb1979@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Yes We have.
> > >
> > > The place where we get the uncapped adsl from has got a proxy.
> > >

> > So then you are probably stuck with something like rsyncing and making
> > a local yum repository (which is not a bad idea anyway) or getting
> > them to upgrade the proxy or something like that.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Greg

I made the recommendation based upon the assumption that you have
multiple servers running CentOS - if not, then rsync & local repo
might not be the best solution.  Will up2date get around this proxy
problem? Will the yum (or UrlGrabber) cvs-HEAD get around this proxy
problem?

If you have a bunch of machines or the other two solutions won't work
I recommend you use a little search engine to figure out possible ways
of rsyncing the CentOS mirror and then pointing the yum repo files to
that local mirror.  It has been discussed on the CentOS and Whitebox
mailing lists for sure and probably in several other places.

Greg