[Yum] Yum 2.3 features?

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 08:18 -0400, Brian Long wrote:
> Seth et al,
>
> Is there somewhere I can get a succinct list of what's changing in
> yum-2.3?  Do I have to run a cvs log on HEAD?  :)

Changelog is updated with every release. That's a place to start.

> Also, is yum versioned like the kernel used to be (i.e. 2.2 is stable,
> 2.3 is devel, 2.4 is stable again)?
yes it is - 2.3 means we can bust things w/o worrying too much.

> I notice Fedora Core 4 Test 3 has yum-2.3.x.  I understand yum is now
> using sqlite, but I don't know for what.  Will yum be rev'd to yum-2.4
> before Fedora Core 4 is released or is yum-2.3 going to be considered
> stable once FC4 is rolled out?

yes 2.3.X is in fc4 - mostly b/c fedora is a good place to get more
people to test the code w/o having to guarantee every bit at all times.

Right now 2.3.2+the patches I sent for the package in fedora core 4
looks pretty stable and good. 2.3.3(when it comes out also looks
goodish) but we're not done yet for this dev cycle and there are some
api changes to be made.

when 2.4 comes out then we'll be leaving the api alone.

I discussed some milestones on yum-devel a little while back but then I
got sidetracked into fedora buildsys hell so now I'm back from
outerspace and I hope to get back on track to 2.4 and api stability.

-sv