[Yum] how to get yum to use an additional comps file?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a minimal FC4test install (a XenU image
essentially). I've prepared a list of packages for a very minimal FC
install - more minimal than the existing 'Base' group in
standard FC4 repository comps.xml. I've generated my custom
'minimal.xml' with this.

What I can't figure out is how to make yum use it?

>From what I can tell one way would be to create my own repository.
However, I'd prefer not to have to do that.

What I really want is to be able to have yum use the full comps.xml
for the existing Fedora repositories, and /also/ take my
'minimal.xml' comps file, with its 'minimal' group definition and
allow me to 'yum .... groupinstall minimal', and have yum use both my
'minimal.xml' comps file for the group definitions and the comps.xml
file from the repository, and whatever other repo-meta-data files
there to figure out how to install just my 'minimal' group.

But how? I just can't make it work.

I tried copying my minimal.xml to
/var/cache/yum/development/minimal.xml (where comps.xml lives), but
no joy. I ran 'makecache' and it generated an other.xml.gz, but
containing <changelog> attributes - not with my comps and group
definitions.

Any hints on how to achieve what i want? (ie ability to 'groupinstall
<my group>')

Thanks in advance,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@xxxxxxxx	paul@xxxxxxxxx	Key ID: 64A2FF6A