[Yum] Rollbacks in yum

> RPM rollbacks should be avoided.  They effectively are an abandoned
> development path that started but never really was finished.  In RPM,
> the functionality might be there still, and it may usually work, but
> it is not something you want to depend on.
>
> up2date may still have a checkbox of 'repackage packages when
> upgrading' but it doesn't rely on RPM's rollback functionality (and
> someone should file a bug to remove the checkbox, heh).  Instead, if
> you have certain levels of service with RHN, you can roll back
> upgrades, but up2date in that case removes the new package and
> installs again the pristine package of that version, then copies
> config files from RHN's repository.
>
> RPM's rollback functionality is most definitely NOT relied upon by
> either up2date or RHN because it was never considered a reliable
> enough approach.
>
> Chip

Aaah, looked a bit further and I am really referencing the RPM repackage
callbacks not rollback.  Up2date does utilize the repackage callback and
references rollbacks based on IDTX.load() and IDTX.glob().  Then runs a
transaction to erase current and install the package from
/var/spool/repackage via the oldpackage flag.  Any possibility in doing
something similar in Yum?  Or is repackage going to be deprecated as well?

Thanks
Jeremy