[Yum] yum and suse

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, seth vidal wrote:

>> I tried the yast source rpm (after rebuilding it) on SuSE, but it requires
>> /sbin/service which isn't in SuSE. Any ideas, anyone? I assume the spec
>> file needs to know about whatever it is SuSE uses...
>
> yast source rpm? do you mean yum?

Yes - the yum source rpm, sorry!

I wonder whether it's possible to get the Fedora /sbin/service and stick
it into its own rpm, to satisfy the yum dependancies?

It seems /sbin/service foo blah does the same as /etc/init.d/foo blah.
Maybe yum could do the second thing instead?

Thanks

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
X-Ray Group, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK.