[Yum] grouplist could be improved

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 11:46 -0500, Joshua Jensen wrote:
> I have a group defined in a comps.xml file that is part of a repo.
>
> When I do a grouplist, I see the group as:
>
> Available Groups:
>     mygroup
>

> When I do a groupinstall, I see that grouplist shows this as:
> Installed Groups:
>     mygroup
>

> When I remove one of the packages in the group, I and do a grouplist, I see:
> Available Groups:
>     mygroup
>

> Couldn't there be something in between?  Like "Partially Installed
> Groups" or something?  I'm thinking with my clean-cut examples... but
> would it be hell to look at all groups and parse them for any packages
> that might indicate a "Partial Group" install?

Currently the groups implementation mimics the groups 'installed'
concept that system-config-packages and anaconda use. It's a bit
hit-or-miss depending on the layout of the group in question but in
general it works well enough.

The biggest problem with a partially installed group is that it's just
hurky to display in a non-confusing way to the user. Groups mgmt is
something that I have to take up with the metadata people and fedora
soon anyway so I'll take your comments in mind.

thanks,
-sv