[Yum] yum hanging

Hi

Yum has worked well for me - except on one particular machine. I have
Fedora 3 running everyplace. When yum is run on this particular machine
absolutely nothing happens. There are no rpm locks. The command is
entered and then -- nothing. running ps shows python started with the
yum script. No output to the terminal, no output in any logs.

Very weird.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look or to get/force some
additional output?

All config files are the defaults. I would really like to avoid
rebuilding the machine just because of this.

Thanks,
Scott