[Yum] Any way to force an "authoritative" repository?

Hopefully this isn't in the docs somewhere...I looked everywhere I could
think of...

Is there any way to force one repository (or more) to be "authoritative"
for any packages it contains?  In other words, even if any other
repository has a later version of the package, don't use it.  But if the
authoritative repository updates its package, install that update.

Our situation is that we occasionally have to custom-compile some
packages supplied by FreshRPMS with different options than they use.
But I don't want my version overwritten by a later one from FreshRPMS; I
only want it updated if I update it in MY repository.

The only option I could find that was even close was "pkgpolicy=last",
but that's not quite what I want.  For all packages not in my
repository, I want "pkgpolicy=newest", but for my repository, I want
ONLY its packages to get installed/updated.

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?