[Yum] Re: yum] Yum and custom installations

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Erin D. Hughes wrote:

> Is there away to configure the installs of RPMS to for other required
> components.
> IE Apache and PHP finding a custom install of MySQL that I installed from a
> RPM.
> Is there away to specify the versions of packages you want installed?

umm -- either packge the file in an RPM, and add a Provides
line (if still needed), or make a 'dummy' RPM up which asserts
that it installed what you manually installed, and install
that dummy package.

See, eg, the .spec file at
ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/dummy-bin-sh/ which
asserts it has /bin/sh, when in fact, all it is doing is
stating a Provides: has been met.

-- Russ Herrold