[Yum] YUM to include changelog

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 09:06:58AM +0800, Timothy Webster wrote:
> This is very much NEEDED!!!
> please include buglist TOO!!!
>
> Basically I am not ready to use redhat until these are INCLUDED!!!

Well, the bug list isn't included inside the rpm.  Yum would have to
query the appropriate place.  What is the appropriate place?  Good
question.  That's not in the rpm either.  So, as you can see, that
issue is nearly hopeless.  Now, you could make a program that simply
tries a few known places based on smart guessing, but I don't think
that's really reasonable for yum.

Also, note that the changelogs in question are the rpm changelogs,
which are often not the same as the program changelogs as maintained
by the code authors.  Often, the rpm changelog only tells you about
changes in the packaging, not changes tot he program itself.  The
program changelog is just another bit of data inside the package which
might be found anywhere (if it's there at all).

					-Michael
--
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619