[Yum] Dependancie problem installing package with yum.

On Thursday 02 September 2004 13:45, seth vidal wrote:
>On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 10:20 -0700, Emily Stumpf wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Hope this is the right place for this question, but please let me
>> know if its not.
>>
>> I'm trying to install rt via yum.  I've followed the directions
>> here: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall
>>
>> Basically it said to add this to my yum.conf:
>>
>> --- cut here ---
>> [xtra-rt]
>> name=eXtra packages, updates and rt itself
>> baseurl=http://campus.fct.unl.pt/paulomatos/rt/repository
>> --- end here ---
>>
>> ... and then run this:
>> yum install rt rt-mail-dispatcher
>>
>> So, the first few times I ran it, I got messages telling me that
>> various perl modules that I needed were not installed, and one by
>> one I grabbed them from cpan.org and installed them.
>
>Then rpm (the rpmdb) is not aware of them. you need to install the
> rpms that provide these modules, not the tarballs.

Or, find a working version of checkinstall and use that to put the
tarballs in so that rpmdb is properly updated.  The one I have that
is supposed to work with the newer rpm, is:

145197 Aug 31 10:47 /usr/dlds-tgzs/checkinstall-1.6.0beta3.tgz

Watch the filesize, there appears to be a broken beta3 about also.

This also makes the tarball intstalls removeable to an 'rpm -e
file-version'

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)