[Yum] yum 2.1.11

On Thursday 28 October 2004 14:05, Mike Pinkerton wrote:
>OFFLIST
>
>Gene:
>
>FYI, on one of my headless Fedora Core 2 servers, the yum cron job
>updated the following packages last night:
>
>    cups 1:1.1.20-11.6.i386
>    cups-devel 1:1.1.20-11.6.i386
>    cups-libs 1:1.1.20-11.6.i386
>
>I'm sure that you can find the packages in most of the FC2 updates
>repos.  You might see if they solve some of your cups problems.
>
>Two caveats:
>
>1.  I'm not running KDE (this is a headless server).  So I don't
> know whether cups is fixed.

That version doesn't cut it.  I'm fam with cups/gimp-print/gutenprint
and have been building that stuffs from srcs for years now.  But the
fact that I used checkinstall to do a phantom rpm install seems to be
driving the rest of the yum/up2date/synaptics stuff plumb out of its
skull.  The result is that I can print from kde now, but I cannot get
any updating util to function.  Its a bit discouraging to say the
least.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)