[Yum] Yumgroups.xml file and why name field?

I have a wrapper around yum because I need to be sure that it always
points to a remote config file that is centrally managed. Recently I've
added the group_install function and tried to pass group names to my
bash script wrapper around yum. This fails because many of the group
names in yumgroups.xml have spaces in them.

So in short, the question is, why does yum use the <name> field in the
xml file, but anaconda uses <id> field? Wouldn't it be simpler to keep
yum in line with anaconda and the comps.xml use of the <id> field. My
bias is for this because the id field uses single keywords without
spaces.

Suggestions? I'd prefer not to have to go through and replace with
underscores, all of the <name> field entries with spaces. (In truth I
was hoping to keep it so simple that I could just symlink comps.xml to
yumgroups.xml.)

RMW

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email and/or its attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments.  Any review, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of this message or any attachment by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited.  Neither this message nor any attachment is intended as or should be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell any security or other financial instrument.  Neither the sender, his or her employer nor any of their respective affiliates makes any warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained herein or that this message or any of its attachments is free of viruses.