[Yum] Strange kernel package behavior with 2.1.4

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, seth vidal wrote:

> Well, for the record, I'm one of those users. importing the base package
> set on my laptop sucks. :)

I'm using yum to build root filesystems for User Mode Linux.  It work
extremely well,  but it does take 15 minutes to run from a local
repository and over an hour from a remote repository.  I wouldn't object
to it running faster, but I don't have a real problem with the current
performance.

Thank you for building this tool.  I'm not sure that the way I'm using it
is quite what you expected, but it is really handy.  Also, your support in
giving me the answers I needed was a big help as well.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts, it's what I can remember in time to use.