[Yum] yum hangs during download

Well, here is some additional data:

It seems the package download of upgrade always hangs while
downloading particular packages:

gtk2
kernel-utils
ghostcripts-fonts
fonts-xorg-base
xorg-x11-devel
xpdf
slang

Now, I could update slang, xpdf, gtk2 by running a separate yum update
for them.  But that does not work with xorg-x11-devel: it just hangs
at the xorg-x11-devel package download phase and always when the
download meter shows 76%.

The fonts-xorg-base download always hangs at 48%.

The ghostscript-fonts download hangs at 17%.

These are completely reproducable data.

-- Mate
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis