[Yum] yum hangs

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 11:41:03AM -0700, Scott Horowitz wrote:
> Well, it apparently went away overnight. I had tried restarting my
> computer and everything last night to no avail but i booted up today and
> it's working. If I run into this again, I'll be sure to try that
> command, thanks.
>
> Sorry for the waste of bandwidth ;)

That smells like stale rpmdb lock, every reboot removes all locks,
so does "rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*" (which is what is done when rebooting).

Verify by doing
	cd /var/lib/rpm
	/usr/lib/rpm/rpmdb_stat -CA
to display current locks. If no process that uses an rpmdb is active,
then there should be no locks displayed. Any lock that persists is
then stale.

And stale locks are not usually a yum problem ;-)

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj@xxxxxxxxxx (jbj@xxxxxxx)