[Yum] problem to upgrade to FC2 from FC1

ZW> I have tried to upgrade Fedora 1 to Fedora 2 but had a problem.

In general the only way to get that to work is to boot into the
installer and ask it to upgrade the system.

ZW> Xtest needs XFree86 >= 4.2.0, this is not available.

XFree86 is gone from FC2; it uses xorg instead.  I don't know if the
package dependencies are specified well enough that Yum can trace it
out.

ZW> Package scilab needs libtcl8.3.so, this is not available.
ZW> Package R needs libtcl8.3.so, this is not available.

Scilab and R aren't included in FC2, and they depend on a version of a
library that isn't in FC2.  You will have to remove them first, or get
packages built with FC2 and add them to your repository.

ZW> Package libmrproject-devel needs libmrproject = 0.10, this is not
ZW> available.

Same thing here.

ZW> However, I do have updated XFree86, tck, tcl, libmrproject,
ZW> libmrproject-devel after using rpm -q to check.

Not sure what you mean here.  You obviously haven't installed versions
that are FC2 compatible, and you don't have FC2-compatible versions in
your repository.

ZW> What should I do?

Uninstall the packages that don't come stock with Fedora, then boot
into the installer and let it do the upgrade.

 - J<