[Yum] Couple of yumgroups.xml questions

Is it possible to specify an architecture in a <packagereq> element?
I would like to have a group that brings in some i386 libraries on an
x86_64 machine.  I tried:

<packagereq type="default">ncurses.i386</packagereq>

but nothing was installed.

Is there any way to throw an error, or at least a warning, when
encountering a <packagereq> element that cannot be satisfied from any
repository?  I copied over my yumgroups.xml from an FC1 installation
to my FC2 repository and wanted to make sure I have all of the
necessary packages, but yum seems to ignore <packagereq>s it cann't
fulfill.

Thanks for any info,

 - J<