[Yum] bug in yum 2.0.5

seth vidal wrote:

> so you think yum should, w/o any other information, reorder the
> packages?

It should install requirements first.

> whence is it to get this information?
> How would it make the judgment?

Because currently it's not working as it should. It doesn't count PreReq
or Requires(post): or other method to install requirements first.

>>"no /usr/sbin/postconf command found" error comes when command won't
>>give postfix version (it won't because required libraries are not
>>installed).

This error comes from post-install script which is part of postfix itself.

> This is a broken package. Talk to the package maintainer.

It's not broken. It's working great.

You are talking to that maintainer. I maintain that postfix package and
have done that for some years now.

--
Tuomo Soini <tis@xxxxxxxxx>
Linux and network services